Sorry I have been MIA for nearly two years. This is long over due and I am very excited to get back to blogging! A lot has happened in the past two years and I do not want to bore you with every single detail so I will give you some of the highlights. I was pregnant with baby no. 2 and in the first trimester the last time I blogged. I was home taking care of a two year old and feeling nauseous most of the time from the pregnancy therefore I decided to take a break from blogging. We welcomed a new addition, Andre was born last year in August. Having a toddler and a baby kept me even busier than ever! We moved from a condo to a house this summer and we still have boxes to unpack and lots work to do in the house.
I will try to post one recipe per week and sometimes might have to keep it simple with a short description in the post. After all, it is the amazing recipes I’d like to share with you the most rather than writing long posts.
For you Pecan pie lovers, this Salted Caramel Pecan cookies will take you to a whole different level of pecan pie heaveness! Even for the non pecan pie lovers, you will fall in love with these babies once you take a bite! It is a combination of vanilla base cookie drizzled with salted caramel and topped with toasted pecans. You will have lots of left over salted caramel sauce that can be stored in an air tight jar in the fridge for up to one month. You can add it into your coffees, ice creams and … whatever you fancy.
American Thanksgiving is coming up, you can wow your guests with these elegant cookies instead of the traditional pecan pie! They are perfect for parties or as a gift.
Salted Caramel Pecan Cookies
Yields 50 small cookies
- 1 3/4 cups + 1 1/2 tsp (250g) all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces (170g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 1 3/4 tsp (90g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups toasted pecans, crushed into coarse pieces.
Salted caramel sauce
- 2 cups (402g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup Heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3 tsp + 1/16 tsp salt
- 6 ounces (180g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350F and place the racks in the upper and lower position in the oven. Line Silpats or parchment paper on two baking pans.
- Beat butter in a bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy for about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix on low until combined.
- Divide the cookie dough 10 grams each and place 2 inches apart on the baking pan. Use your palm to press the cookie dough into a flat round shape.
- Bake for about 10-11 mins, rotate the pans halfway through baking. Repeat until finished.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the sugar until it has completely melted. Stop whisking once it's melted. The sugar will caramelized rapidly.
- Once it has reached a brown amber color, stir in the butter and whisk until melted.
- Remove the saucepan from stove. Gradually whisk in the heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- Whisk in the salt.
- Set the salted caramel aside until almost room temperature. The texture should be not too runny so it spreads slowly on the cookie.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce over each cookie and sprinkle crushed toasted pecans on top.
- Store in air tight container for 1 week.